Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Muffins

I have a confession. I am a sucker for anything that has cranberries in it. So you can imagine how much I love fall and winter! Cranberry bread, cranberry orange scones, cranberry salad, you name it I'll try it. And I will probably love it! When I had to do a presentation over an other blog I knew I would bring a treat to class with me. I did my presentation over the Brown Eyed Baker blog. My class is a morning class, so I wanted to bring a little breakfast treat for everyone! You can read Michelle's original recipe here. I was really hesitant to use dates so I just doubled the cranberries. Enjoy!


Ingrediants
1 cup traditional rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour½ cup light brown sugar1 teaspoon baking powder½ teaspoon baking soda½ teaspoon salt½ teaspoon cinnamon¼ cup finely chopped pecans 1/2 cup dried cranberries ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled1 cup buttermilk1 large egg, lightly beaten½ teaspoon vanilla extract


In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.

 If you are like me, you hate buying buttermilk because you never use all of it before it goes bad. Well never fear! You can make your own buttermilk! Well, a substitute anyway! In a measuring cup add one tablespoon of lemon juice and then pour milk up to the one cup line. Let it set for 5 minutes then use as much as you need! My grandma has been doing this for years and you can't tell the difference in recipes!

 In a smaller bowl combine all your wet ingredients together until well blended.

 Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and combine until moistened with a rubber spatula, scraping the sides as you go.

 Pour into lined muffin pans about 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for about 15 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Now go enjoy your perfectly moist, perfectly textured muffins! Just try to let them cool down a little first, you don't want to burn the roof of your mouth like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment