Thursday, May 29, 2014

He popped the question! I'm ENGAGED!

April 11, 2014 the man of my dreams proposed to me in the most perfect way!
My senior sorority formal was a 1920's theme so we were all dressed up for the occasion, Andrew (or Drew as I call him) in a suit complete with suspenders and bow tie, and I wore a long black beaded gown and a jeweled headband across my forehead flapper style.
The formal was held on a rooftop in downtown Oklahoma City and the evening was perfect, not too hot or cold. Little did I know Drew had conspired with my roommates (who are also in my sorority) to spread the word that when the song "At Last" by Etta James came on to form a big circle around the dance floor.
Well if you can't tell, I burst into happy tears! It was the most perfect engagement I could have ever imagined. 
The ring is absolutely perfect. The center stone was the stone in my moms ring from my dad so it had sentimental value. The setting has a vintage feel about it which I love. 

So now the planning begins! Stayed tuned to go along with me in the wedding planning process!

xxoo,
Shawna Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment