Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crafts for my littles!

I am a member of a sorority on my campus, Sigma Phi Lambda, and every semester we do a Big Sis- Little Sis appreciation week! Well this semester I was very inspired to make lots of crafts for my littles! I am telling you, if this is any sign of how I will treat my children they will be spoiled rotten for sure!

The first thing I made was a canvas I painted and then glued embellishments and a saying on. To paint the stripes I used blue painters tape and then painted the space in between. The flowers I purchased at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section. I saw the little saying on Pinterest (of course right??) and I simply used Mod Podge to glue it down! They say "We're not sisters by birth, but we knew from the start; God put us together to be sisters by heart!" If you notice I did one with vertical stripes and one with horizontal stripes. Yes this is on purpose! I try to make things that are the same yet a little different since I have twins!
 

The next thing I made is a picture frame. Well I really just embellished it! I grabbed a spool of ribbon and a rhinestone "buckle" both from Hobby Lobby. I am thinking at this point they need to give me frequent shopper points or something! lol I made a bow from the ribbon, slipped it through the buckle and hot glued that puppy down. Viola! A super glam frame that was super easy to make! Or embellish ;)

The final thing I made them were aprons. I bought the red aprons at, where else, Hobby Lobby. I used blue painters tape to make my rectangle, painted inside it with basic black acrylic craft paint, let it dry and used glitter puff paint for the letters! Easy as that! You all know by now that I love to cook, so now when my littles' come over they can use their aprons and cook with me!

1 comment: