Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Alfredo *Remix*

It's 9pm. I just got out of my one evening class of the week and I am STARVING. I made the fatal mistake of not eating a snack on my hour break between work and class. So of course for the last half of class all I could think of was what I could throw together fast as soon as I got home. I knew I had a left over piece of parmesan crusted chicken from my dinner out with the girls the night before and I had some noodles I could boil. The result was a make shift Alfredo sauce to top off my noodles and left over chicken. I must say I am a little impressed with myself! It turned out better than expected! So here it is!

Parmesan Chicken Alfredo *Remix*

Ingrediants:
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1/4 tablespoon Italian seasoning
fettuchinni noodles
left over parmesan crusted chicken (this is what makes it the remix!)


 I am assuming everyone knows how to boil noodles, so I will leave that part out. Just cook them to your liking. I am more of a firm noodle girl. Al dente is the technical term. Fancy right?

So to make my sauce I measured out a 1/2 cup of milk and poured in what I am guessing was about 2 tablespoons of parmesan. I tend to just eye ball measurements, so sorry! Then I added what I am guessing to be about 1 tablespoon of butter. Again, sorry for the inaccuracy! Microwave that until the butter melts, it only took me 30 seconds.

This is where my experimenting kicked in. I watch Food Network like nobody's business and I remembered someone (of course I wouldn't remember who!) talking about how a rue is a base for all creamy sauces. A rue is just melted butter, four and milk. Easy! So I added in flour little by little with a regular spoon until I thought it was just about thick enough. So four spoons later and 15 seconds in the microwave I had my sauce! BE CAREFUL! I accidentally put the sauce in for too long and it got SUPER thick! But it was an easy fix, just a couple splashes of milk and it thinned back out!


Now the fun part! Eating! Noodles, left over chicken, sauce. YUM! It took about 30 minutes in all. Easy, yummy, and college budget friendly!



No comments:

Post a Comment