Thursday, September 27, 2012

The BEST Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting!

I'll admit it, I fit the girl stereo type of loving anything and everything chocolate, so any excuse I have to make something chocolate flavored I will! When I asked one of my friends what kind of cupcakes he promptly said chocolate with chocolate icing. I knew it was time to try a new chocolate icing recipe! I think I may have a new favorite chocolate icing! It was super easy to make and SO yummy! This will be my go to frosting from now on! YUM! Let's get started!

Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
2 sticks of butter at room temp
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsweetened coco powder

1. Cream butter until white with the paddle attachment of your stand mixer. You want the butter to be soft and creamy.

2. Sift in the coco and the powdered sugar slowly. You don't want your sugar to go flying out so set your mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar and coco are combined. After they are just combined turn your mixer up to a medium speed.

3. Add your salt and vanilla and mix on a medium to high speed for three minuets. If your icing isn't as thick as you would like it to be you can always add more sugar to the mix.

Thats it! Easy right? And SO SO SO good! I had left over icing after piping it on to 18 cupcakes, so of course that meant me and my roommates just HAD to eat it over a couple of days, dipping graham crackers into it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment